Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Drift ~ May 26, 2011- February 25, 2013





It is with a sad and heavy heart that I announce the death of Drift, one of my super star yearlings. Drift passed away unexpectedly on Monday February 25. He suffered a heart attack shortly after returning home from a fun and beautiful 14 mile training run. He gave us no warning and he went quickly with a few other dogs and myself by his side. An autopsy revealed that he was in perfect health and that this  wasn’t something we could have predicted or prevented.

Drift will be greatly missed by all here at the kennel, but I am afraid I will miss him the most. He has always held a special place in my heart and always will. He has stood out not only as an exceptional athlete and sled dog, but has also as a sweet goof ball always looking for some fun. Drift has been nothing but a sheer delight to have around. He was always playful, finding a game with his dinner dish, some straw or a stick, what ever he could get his paws on, he would flip it around and toss it having a grand time bouncing about.

To Drift life was fun, as much as I am going to miss him I am glad that he went quickly and with out suffering. He had a wonderful day doing what he loved up until his last moments, he also died in the company of those who loved him most, I hope we will all be that lucky one-day. Rest in peace my sweet boy.
















1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, Amanda. It brings tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete