Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The race is on!


Here at the kennel we have been waiting to hear if the Solstice 100 race in Two Rivers Alaska is on and we just heard its a go. It was up in the air for awhile as to whether to cancel the race or not due to lack of snow, but over the past week we have gotten enough snow to make the trail safe. The race is run in two 50 mile runs with a four hour layover at the Angel Creek Lodge in between runs. For more information on the race please visit http://www.trdma.org/solstice100.htm

I am excited and nervous about the race, it is my first 100 mile race, but I hear its a good one to start with. I will be running 10 dogs in the race: Adidas, Rapid, BP, Chupa, Swamper, Pip, Summit, Sierra, Rogue, and Chaos. The photo at the top of todays post if of the race team on a 40 mile training run sunday with my friend Hollie Ann in the basket. The team looks great and I have no doubt we will finish the race with a happy team still ready to run.

1 comment:

  1. Go get 'em, Amanda! Your team is dynamite this year. I'm happy for you. Race every race you can!
    I wish I could be there to help. Good luck and hang on tight!

    ReplyDelete